Sunday 7 January 2018

Further Development of My Body of Work

The purpose of this blog entry is to share the  development of my Body of Work with my peer group Hangout colleagues.  Hopefully this will enable further development or, perhaps, abandonment.

I have been collecting these images for some while now, but have been puzzling over how to use them to develop my major project from the Body of Work module.  The BOW images were shown to the group when I shared the work as an AV presentation but for those who are not familiar with the work a link to it is here.  In BOW at the end of the introductory text I posed the question .....at the end of a woodland footpath....Is the decision made to remain on the wider track, safer, more secure where many have travelled before; or is it to follow the less sure route and, if so, what is to be found at its furthest extremity?  Nothing - just the wood?  Or is there a way forward by making one’s own path and forging a new route?


I had been wondering how to use the collected images to develop the BOW when I came across this post on Twitter by Robert MacFarlane.  This link is not to Twitter, but to my blog on the post and perhaps explains where I am coming from.  With this in mind I am thinking that rather than incorporate the new images into Shul I will develop a new body of work called Bewildered and I shall display both projects in my exhibition in March.


Although I have begun to edit the images I have not yet sequenced them.  I have instead grouped them into three collections.  The questions I would ask are:-



  • do any of the groups work better with the concept than others or,indeed, perhaps not at all;
  • do any individual images work better than others or, again, not at all.
Image captions are for identification purposes only.  To see the images full screen please click on one of the small ones; they can then be seen as a slide show at full size.

Bewildered

In dense woodland, when a path is lost, it is easy to become perplexed, confused, bewildered.

Group 1

1a

1b

1c

1d

1e

1f

1g

1h
Group 2
2a

2b

2c

2d

2e

2f

2g

2h

2i

2j
Group 3
3a

3b

3c

3d

3e

3f

3g

3h


No comments:

Post a Comment