Wednesday 24 January 2018

Final Feedback on the Shul Video and the Final Version on Vimeo

Yesterday I shared the updated version of the Shul video with my Peer Led Hangout Group.  It was received very positively.  Comments were:-

  • it is now an accomplished and complete piece of work;
  • the use of text is much clearer and gives a a small insight to the artist's intentions too;
  • the quality of sound is so much more clear;
  • there is a clear distinction of footsteps walking through leaves mud and water;
  • an overall impression is one of a very effective, relevant and contemporary, art-based video installation;
  • it looks and feels very complete and professional;
  • the audio has improved too;
  • the sound track is much improved and I felt that I was doing the walk;
  • the black background works;
  • it made me feel that someone was about to step into the scene;
  • a big step forward.  The text is better and feels more suited to the work.
In case I should get too carried away with such positive comments, there were also a couple of critical pointers to be taken into account:-
  • the images are now, perhaps a tad too small.  I it possible for there to be a compromise?
  • the sound fades at one point and then suddenly comes back;
  • perhaps the soundtrack should fade a little early at the end of the show.
The these last points were easy to resolve and I have now done that.  The link to the final version is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment